> Search   > English  
Video more

Specials more

Home> Cross-Straits News
Fujian makes Taiwan travel easier
Updated: 2015-03-17

People living in the cities of Fuzhou, Xiamen and Pingtan, in Fujian province, without a permanent residence permit, or hukou, can now apply for a travel permit and visa to go to Taiwan, according to a recent provincial entry-exit administration announcement, which increases Fujian's advantages in cross-Straits business.

People in those three cities without a hukou wanting to apply will still need proof of social insurance coverage for at least one year and if they want to take a spouse or children below the age of 16, they will have to provide proof at least six months of residing in the area.